Supreme Court & Same Gender Marriage

SGMImages
Focus write: The Supreme Court is hearing a case today concerning marriage between human beings of the same gender. Two California men claim that California law banning their marriage is unconstitutional.
After hearing arguments from both sides, the Supreme Court will decide if the California law banning marriage is constitutional or unconstitutional.
[Answer the three questions below, using R.A.F.T.]

— What do you think the Supreme Court will decide?

— If you were a Supreme Court judge, what would you decide? Why?

— What do you think the Supreme court SHOULD decide?

— Believe & Doubt: “the California law banning marriage is unconstitutional” [30.6.2014]

Advertisements

19 thoughts on “Supreme Court & Same Gender Marriage

1. Nour Nesheiwat says:

Nour Nesheiwat

1. I think the Supreme Court will say yes. The more marrages the more money.
    2. I would say no. My religion does not allow it.
    3. I honestley think they shouldnt unless its more money in my parents pocket.

2. Karla Santos says:

Karla Santos English7:3
    March 26,2013 Blog

I’m not really sure what the supreme court will do about marriage of the same gender. If I was a supreme court judge I guess I would ban it. I would ban it because a man was made for a woman and a woman was made for a man. I personally thinks it’s weird for gay marriage.But I’m not really sure how I feel about enough to decide what the supreme court should do

3. Gifted Elting says:

Gifted Elting
    I think we should have same gender marriage to be who they are who they going to be. For example, we have to really have a free country. This a land where we can pick our choices to make our future.

4. Lynne clarke says:

i think that the court would deicecd to let them re inforst theat rule. but i think that they shouldnt cause thats just naste in my eyes

5. I think that the Supreme Court will decide that people can get married to the same sex.

If I was a Supreme Court Judge I would decide that you cant get married to your same sex. I would choose that because thats just nasty in my view and also God made Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve.

I think that the Supreme Court should decide that you cant get married to your same sex because its just wrong to the whole entire NATiOn

6. jayvon morton says:

Jayvon morton eng7:3 3/26/13 supreme court blog post I think that this blog is stating that gay marriage should be banned in California . Two men wanted to get married and the state thinks its unconstitutional. What i think is people should do what they want with there life im not saying that they should do bad things, they should either change there way of life or protest about and make it legal in Californis and other states.

7. Alessandro Reyes says:

Alessandro Reyes English7:3
    3/26/13 supreme court
    I think this blog is trying to state that gay marriage might be banned in California.So if two men wanted to get married,then the churches will not let them.The Supreme court will probably ban the gay marriage but the people want to be with who they want to.I think they should ban this gay marriage because to most it dosent sound right.

8. Gifted Elting says:

I think the we should decide because we are the people and we can be what we are.For example, we are a nation and we have a community.

9. I think that the Supreme Court will decide that the California Law is unconstitutional

I think that the Supreme Court should choose that this is unconstitutional

10. sharee medina says:

Sharee Medina english7:3
    3-26-13 focus write

The supreme court will maybe decide to allow same gender to get married because they will be able to get more money.

11. Lynne clarke says:

i think that the court would make the same gender marriage law contitstional.
    I think that just naste in my eyes.

i think that this the supreme court should say that the law is uncontitsttoinal

12. noah davis says:

i think the supreme court will decline there presitation because they might be against that. there might not be alolt of people that like or belive in the same marriage. if i was the supreme court i would choose nto decline it because. there are not a lot of the same gender marriage.i think they should decline beacuse if they really wanted to get married they should just go to new york were you could marry the same gender.

13. olivia byfield says:

Olivia Byfield Eng. 7:7
    3\26\14 Blog

1. I would think that the Supreme Court would probably choose the ban as unconstitutional.
    2. If I was a Supreme Court judge, I would decide this unconstitutional because love doesn’t have to deal age or gender. If you love a specific person it doesn’t matter if it’s the same sex or younger than you.
    3. I think the Supreme Court should legalize Gay marriage.

14. eduardo vega says:

Eduardo Vega

i thick that the Supreme Court will say that no they will banned gay marrige. If i was the Supreme Court i would not allowed this because it is very unfair also that people can marry anyone because it is any person but they just their own gender. The Supreme court should decide that gay marrige should not be banned.

15. Saul Martinez-Gutierrez says:

The Supreme Court is hearing a case today concerning marriage between human beings of the same gender. If they want to get married or not then they can. If this is a free country then let them get married and be happy. Its not gonna do us any harm.

16. olivi@ muller says:

olivia muller english 7:7
    3-26-13 focaswrite

– What do you think the Supreme Court will decide?
    – If you were a Supreme Court judge, what would you decide? Why?
    – What do you think the Supreme court SHOULD decide?

I think that the Supreme Court will acept it because it is the people right to dicied who they want to married and if i was the Supreme Court i would make it unconstitutional. They should make a survay for the people to dicide or jjust accept it.

17. Dmitri Jackson says:

– 1.What do you think the Supreme Court will decide?

– 2.If you were a Supreme Court judge, what would you decide? Why?

–3. What do you think the Supreme court SHOULD decide?

1. I think they would pass the law because it is a reasonable law and its already legal in other states

2. I would most likely pass the pass law because like before its a reasonable law

3. Again its a reasonable law so I think they should absolutly pass it

18. romi elting says:

I think the supreme court will decide that marrige of the same sex is ok because it is not hurting anyone and two people should be happy together no matter who it’s with.

If i was a supreme court judge i would say gay marrige is ok because if two people love each other they should be together.

I think the supreme court shouls decide that marrige of the same sex is ok.

I think the supreme court shouls decide that marrige of the same sex is ok.

19. Saul Martinez-Gutierrez says:

I think the supreme court will not let this happen because they might think that this is nasty and retarded. If i was the Supreme Court judge i would let them get married because nothing bad is going to happen. I think they should let them get married