Maggie, 2003. Google doodle project
You wrote about an emotion that stands out most for you in “Flowers for Algernon” using the QuickWrite strategy (29th of September).
Transcribe, revise and upload that QuickWrite here. Be sure to check subject-verb agreement, punctuation, and spelling in each sentence.
You may use your notes.
N. Faris, 2013 Google doodle project.
Transcribe, revise and upload your critical lens focus write, completed on 22 September, having the title, “The only disability in life is a bad attitude.”
Pay close attention to subject and predicate agreement in your sentences. Singular subjects require singular predicates; plural subjects require plural predicates.
Remember, the critical lens requires these steps:
1. paraphrase the prompt (the quotation);
2. interpret the quotation (what does the author mean?);
3. explicitly agree or disagree (not both);
4. explain why you agree/disagree using textual evidence.
Based on your reading of To Kill a Mockingbird, which characters are of most interest to you? Describe three of them, including their names, ages, and something that distinguishes them from each other.
What do the characters do? What happens in the story so far? Retell the plot in your own words, as descriptively as possible.
Where are the characters? What is the time period? What do the houses, towns, parks, gardens, trees, living rooms, etc., look like?
A Blogger wrote the following:
“. . . A frozen monument if you will, erected in a semi-stately homage, symbolic to all the keepers of the grill out there, who do not, and will not, save for a trip somewhere with a blue tag on their big toe, take the winter off…. A tale of fire and ice.”
1. What does the Blogger mean by “save for”? 2. What is the definition of “save,” used in this context? 3. What does the Blogger mean by “trip somewhere with a blue tag on their big toe”? 4. Is this “trip” literal,metaphorical or both? 5. What does a blue tag on a big toe symbolize or represent?
[Use R.A.F.T. in your response]
. . . to all the keepers of the grill out there, who do not, and will not, save for a trip somewhere with a blue tag on their big toe, take the winter off.